Friday, August 19, 2005

One Fish Two Fish
I recently got back into my old hobby of being an aquariumist. Not sure if that's a word but whatevs. I had my 55 aquarium already set up but I had not been keeping up with the maintenance. There was thick algae growing all over the tank and I still had a few fish calling the dump a home. Well, last week I cleaned it up it looks pretty good now, if I do say so myself. Today I decided to go to my local Petsmart to buy some fish. After spending over an hour at the store I came out with a Dwarf Red Gourami and an Orange Sailfin Molly. Here they are in the bag waiting to join their other tank mates. The Red Gourami is the one on the left and the Orange Molly is on the right. I have decided to name my new fish and I hereby Christen the Red Gourami as Uncle Red (in honor of Brian's Uncle Red) and the Orange Sailfin Molly as Molly. The next couple of days are critical for the survival of Uncle Red and Molly since being introduced to a new tank is one of the most stressful times for fish. Now, if I can only add this other specimen to my tank that lives across the street.....ohkayyyyyy!!!

No comments: