Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Cologne, Germany



A few days ago we visited Cologne to check their Christmas market out and to also see the mother of all churches, the Cologne Cathedral. I should have taken a video of the cathedral since I couldn't fit the entire church in my camera. Below are a few pictures of the cathedral.




Picture off the web of what the church looks like.





Here is a picture of me standing next to a replica of the two crosses that sit atop the cathedral steeples. I meanz, this is one big church!









The big doors for a big cathedral.









A picture of the inside of the cathedral.







Here is a picture of the tomb of where the 3 Magi are supposedly buried. The casket is made entirely of gold.








Photo of the left side alter in the cathedral.








A picture of the right side alter.

No comments: