Sunday, July 06, 2008

Elroy-Sparta Trail

Brian, Roy and I rented bikes and rode the Elroy-Sparta Trail yesterday. We rode 22 long miles! I would say this is one of the most scenic trails I have been on. The trail winds through hills in unglaciated areas of south-central Wisconsin. The trail also has 3 rock tunnels, one of which is just under a mile long! Inside the tunnels were cool and damp which was a relief since it was pretty warm outside. We are hoping to return in the fall again to ride and see the colors on the trees.

4 comments:

Renee said...

I believe the Wisconsin glacier covered all of Wisconsin? Un-glaciated Wisconsin? For real? Looks like a nice trail.

Lui5 said...

My thoughts exactly but that's what the National Park Service person told us. I meanz, for all I knoow the NPS ranger could have gotten his degree from Cuyahoga Community College so he could be mistaken.

Renee said...

You better watch what you say about Tri-C.

Anonymous said...

Wisconsin has an unglaciated area but I dont think it is in Elroy. I think its near Viroqua Wisconsin.