Monday, August 27, 2007

I Finally Have Electricity

Yes, I finally have electricity after being in the dark since last Thursday! These past few days have been pretty crazy. It started out with a tornado warning last Thursday. Me and others at work were told to hunker down in the bathrooms until the "all clear" was given. That was not fun because someone had just used the bathroom so you can imagine the stench. Then came the high winds, lightening and biblical floods. I mean, there was standing water everywhere! We were asked to leave work because the standing water had started to creep towards my building. I gladly left, only to sit in traffic while a 2nd round of storms hit the area. It took me a good 2 hours to get home when it normally takes me just 30 mins. I finally made it home only to find the lights outs. I was living the Amish life for roughly 4 days. Most of the food in the frig and freezer had to be thrown out and worst of all I had no internet, no light, and NO TV!!! The lights finally came back on early this morning and what a relief it was! Below are some pics I took of the flooding and damage caused by last Thursday's storms.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you should have called us and we would have brought our food over for a BBQ!! and bonfire - I would have hauled one of the down trees over. No power for 2 days and no Comcast for 4 days :( How did you sleep in the heat?

Tell Brian to get a generator and bring one extra for us as well!! 5 finger discount if you know what I meanzzz. 5500 watt sounds about right.

Renee said...

Ok, I was told they had a special "shelter" when the tornado warning hit. The bathroom was never mentioned in the verbal version of the power outage story.

I sure could go for some fish on the grill.

Jules said...

Did the high winds and standing water come from the person that just used the bathroom?

Parma Area Fine Arts Council said...

Oh Hellz no !

katraz said...

OMG-it was like your own little version of survivor. Enduring harsh conditions, fending for your self in the wild. But only it's in your house, with Brian, and no cash prize in the end.

Parma Area Fine Arts Council said...

It's Generator Time! We got one after Billiam dropped the salami sandwich that pulled the switch on 1/2 the east coast a few years ago.

Lui5 said...

Yes, our shelter are the bathrooms in the middle of our building. Moto is to cheap to build us a real shelter, okayyyy.

Renee said...

No Mama! That was his beeper. He bumped the switch w/his beeper. Yes, everyone, i do believe he still has one...

Lui5 said...

Doesn't he wear more than one beeper?

Brian said...

Could the beeper explain why Billy pees with his pants around his ankles? I mean how does he hold up all that weight?