Sunday, June 25, 2006

Save The Goldfish
After some thinking, I thought it would be best to write the Village of Wauconda about the goldfish incident I had seen last night. I guess I'm really mad about what I saw last night and what better way to get it off my chest then to send village officials a complaint. Here's hoping that they do something about it. Here is the e-mail I sent to all Wauconda village board members:

"To whom it may concern:

On the evening of Saturday, June 24th, I went to Wauconda Fest with some family and friends. We were all having a good time until we walked by the Goldfish Game Booth. What we saw shocked us all. There was a group of teenagers having a contest on swallowing the live goldfish they had won. We were horrified and this one little girl we happened to see watching nearby was crying for the goldfish. This pretty much ruined the evening for us all.

We’ve always had a good time at Waucondafest and village officials have always done a great job in organizing the event. I never had a problem until last night. The practice of having live goldfish at a fair to win as a prize is only the beginning of the tortures these creatures must suffer in the hands of people. I hope a solution by village officials can be found to prevent this from happening next year and make Waucondafest even better next year.

I’d appreciate any help in this matter and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks"

No comments: