Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cranberry Marsh Tour
After Cranfest, Kirby was kind enough to invite us on a personal tour of the Cranberry marsh he manages in Mather, Wisconsin. For me, this had to be one of the coolest things we did up north. Kirby gave us the low down on the cranberry and what it takes to manage hundreds of acres of cranberries growing in a marsh. It was very interesting! I want to send a big thanks to Kirby for taking some time off during his weekend to give us a personal tour of the marsh. Super cool!

6 comments:

Parma Area Fine Arts Council said...

I love your last photo. May I have permission to paint it ?

Lui5 said...

Yes you may. It's a picture of the natural marsh which sits next to the cranberry field. I thought it was really cool how the farm and marsh co-exist peacefully with wolves, black bears, and cranes living among the people working on the farm.

Renee said...

Wait. She has time to paint this, but has she painted that shot of Monterrey yet???

katraz said...

I mean why don't she paint someone sleeping & being attacked by a burnt wiennie. That's a much more interesting composition-don't you think..

Parma Area Fine Arts Council said...

OK Diddy ! Get me in trouble! Monterrey is a delicate piece on art that one must take at least 2 years to master... Mount cranberry marsh is not...I wonder who will be the next weenie victim? Did I tell you the first one that passes out at the halloween party goes in the casket? So beware !

Mary said...

So that would make it a Hallo-Weenie don't ya thunk?