Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What Cicadas Have Taught Us

I'm sorry to say that the Cicadas are pretty much gone now. For me, the great Cicada invasion of 2007 was truly an amazing event to witness and experience. Who knows where I'll be in 17 years but if I'm not in the Chicago area, I will make it a point to come and party with these these amazing creatures. Anyway, I also wanted to share this interesting article I found in the Chicago Tribune on what the Cicadas have taught or can teach us humans on life lessons. Enjoy.

LIFE LESSONS: What The Cicadas Have Taught Us
10 bits of wisdom by Tribune restaurant critic Phil Vettel
  • Savor every moment. Good times can be farther apart than you know.
  • Whether you consider it clean or dirty, you still don't want to get too close to a dog's mouth.
  • It doesn't matter that you fly badly. Only that you fly.
  • Be patient. Even bottom feeders get their day in the sun.
  • It's amazing how little you really need to throw a good party.
  • Stupidity and ineptitude are not insurmountable when you have numbers on your side.
  • Make all the noise you want, but it's common decency to quiet down during bedtime.
  • Beware excessive pickiness. Spend too much time looking for your perfect match, and life will pass you by.
  • Persistence pays off.
  • It can seem like forever, but 17 years can come and go in a hurry.

No comments: